I did the Lucky Bucket Run Saturday night as well. That is where the whole sore thighs title comes from....just in case you were wondering. It was a good time. I saw someone running in a full gorilla costume go down hard in a mud pile. That was pretty awesome, and I kept running. She was okay. I'm pretty sure it was a she because it had a seashell bra on. I guess it could have been a cross-dressing gorilla. We'll never know. Anyway.......I finished the 7K and it was a pretty tough trail run. This was a preview of the course.
I did get to run through several small streams and then pull myself up steep embankments with a rope. It was challenging for me and I got a good idea of where my fitness was and wasn't. Here we are with our co-running couple post-race. They all did much better than me but I did finish!We look much cleaner than we actually are. Fun time if anyone is interested next year!
| Adam, me, Emily, and Jon |
about 4 days of feeling sorry for ourselves and have accomplished quite a lot. Completion photos hopefully soon. I did end up cooking food for an entire baby shower with all of my kitchen stuff in this organizational state.
| Basement containing most of my kitchen stuff! |
| Friends for almost 20years! I'm not smiling much but I look skinny in this picture so I like it! |
Congrats on the race and the LID. Sounds like it was a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the race sounds like a fun time! I got into running a few months ago and love it. Heather
ReplyDelete