Over the past few months I have had a lot of fun creating spaces for Naomi. This weekend I put finishing touches on a lot of her spaces and took several things out of their packages finally! It is a mix of old and new. We did it very economically for the look we got, I'm actually pretty proud of it. We have been very blessed to have many special people give us and her so many wonderful things over the past few weeks to help us start our life with her. Trust me, those thank yous are coming! So on this very special episode of Cribs (what happened to that show, I loved it?) we show you where Miss Naomi will chill.
She is still sleeping in a crib according to the updates we received. The front comes off of ours and we have a little guard rail to replace so either way we are set. Many people think I got the crib from Ikea, it actually came from walmart.com and was a very good deal. Also a little deerhead hook to hang a bag with her stuff on or her jacket. The print above her bed is her Chinese name. The little mushroom on the bookcase is a night light.
Adam and I do enjoy a good home renovation and we found an alphabet card set with home improvement tools to spell her name out. Gotta start them early! Still not sure what an inshave is for though.
Naomi's bed with a beautiful quilt my mom made. A very special piece in the room that will last her well into her childhood. It is a plus sign design. It really completes the room!
Adam made this lovely bench with storage. The baskets have worked really well for shoe storage. In addition lots of toy and book storage at her level. I love graphic prints if you couldn't tell. I made all of the pillows in the room, with the exception of the fish pillow. I do have one small confession to make, I used the little strips that you iron together instead of a sewing machine. I did have to cut them and I must say they turned out well, most people can't notice. Someday I'll learn how to thread that machine!
Fabrics from her quilt in embroidery loops. Kind of trendy right now but I still love it!
Her closet, lots of room to grow. I showed some self restraint! I made the ribbon chandelier, still not sure about it but the door is closed most of the time!
Magnetic board for posting artwork and important photos. Just sheet metal for duct work we got from Lowes and hammered up.
Lots of toy storage in the armoires. We loved her little table. You can flip the center part over on the table and the other side is a chalkboard, as well as storage under the piece that flips out. I loved the giant rolls of paper we had in elementary school, and they would never let me tear sheets off because they were sharp. So I couldn't resist this mini roll of paper we found at Ikea. I get to pull off as much as I want, as does Naomi. Yes, that is the same chair that is in her room. They were such a good deal and comfortable we got two. The little rocking horse is one Adam had as a child!
I had so much fun doing these projects. I think it is all stuff that can grow with here. I can't wait for Naomi to get to finally use them. I hope she likes them!




The room is lovely.
ReplyDelete