It's been about 18 months since I posted anything on this blog. Life changed! A lot has happened since then. In the past 18ish months we bought a house, renovated the new house extensively, sold our old house, adopted a 21 month old, Adam changed jobs, and we are very close to adopting a 31 month old. Oh yea, and I'll be changing jobs when I return from maternity leave. Just the small things.
Anyway, this blog started out to document our first adoption journey back in 2010/2011. I did a fairly good job keeping up with the process for our adoption of Naomi until we went to China. China is where shit got real. See blog post China: Walk on. Our actual time in China didn't really get documented. So.........as many of you know we are about to go to China again, for our second daughter, Hattie. We've been much more laid back this process and haven't been documenting our journey as much. What I am hoping to do this time is actually blog/document our time in China with Hattie as it's happening. Not only to keep our interested friends and family up on what's going on while we are there (no Facebook in China), but also to have a record of exactly how we were feeling during that part of the journey and the time leading up to our travel. Also each sister can have a part of their adoption journey blogged about, thus beginning the lifelong debate of who had it worse. I can hear them saying, blogging was so self involved and 2013 mom.
We are all excited to meet Hattie, and honestly be done with the adoption process and perpetual waiting for our family to be complete. Over the next few weeks you will hopefully get a little glimpse into the chaos and joy of the last minute preparations and process of bringing a new child into our life through adoption. There will be tears, excitement, curse words, love, beer, and a multitude of other emotions I'm sure I haven't felt before. But in the end this girl will be home and with her family!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment