Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Cooks!

It's my first blog post! Most people who will read this probably will already know us a bit but I thought I would take the opportunity to tell everyone a little bit more about our little family. I'm Kristen and I have a wonderful husband, Adam. That's us!


We live in Nebraska and both turned 30 within the past year. We both work for UNMC here. I teach pharmacy school and work as a pharmacist in the outpatient clinics at the VA. Adam works as a software developer. We "love" renovating and have done tons of projects in our home. Love in quotation marks as it's often a love/hate relationship with the house! Adam's very handy and being naive to start with helped because once you rip something out you have to figure out how to fix it! I'll post some before and afters in later posts and I'm sure we'll have more projects in the upcoming year to post about. We love to travel, our next trip is Albuquerque/ Santa Fe in about a week to visit Kate and Todd (my sister and brother in law)! I like to cook and bake. We like to eat and try new restaurants. I am addicted to several TV shows, etc. etc. I won't bore you with more details of our likes and dislikes. You'll figure it out. Oh yeah we do have three pets and great families and friends you'll hear more about later!
Baxter

Timmy
Ester


Why blog now?? (anyone a Millionaire Matchmaker fan??)
We have always wanted to start a family blog and are starting a new journey in our lives. After trying to have a family the "traditional" way and fertility treatments for 2 years we are beginning our adoption journey! So excited! More to come on that later!  

The title of the blog....... it was the title of my column in the high school newspaper and back then meant "smooth" (slight inspiration from the Mike Myers "Coffee Talk" sketches) . Kind of high school, I know. However since then I've definetly realized not everything works out so smoothly. I'd like to say I decided to keep the name to reflect my deeply sarcastic sense of humor and reflect the wonderful irony of life but it was mainly because I couldn't think of anything else cool. Cook's Corner or Cookin with Gas or Cook's Country (for all of you PBS fans) just didn't have the same ring to them. We hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment