I do have hope and optimism for this year. At this point it is slightly tempered with the mounting requirements and growing stress in front of us. I am confident this is the right path for us. I don't want people to be confused on that. It seems complaining about adoption isn't so acceptable. I get that feeling at least. Few people want to hear about the difficult or hard sides of it. It is like when someone asks how your day was and then you tell them actually how it was and as you are talking they start to stare off into space or ask you in the next breath if you watched Keeping up with the Kardashians last night (which by the way is one of my New Year's resolution....not watch that show ever again).
Maybe we will start 2012 as a family of three, maybe we won't, the odds are probably 50/50. I found a verse on another adoption blog I am going to try and keep in the back of my head for this year.
"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23
Bitch all you want about adoption I don't care! You guys have been through plenty and I can't imagine having to go through more red tape to adopt!
ReplyDeleteHey! Finally on the regular computer so I can actually post to your blog (for some reason I can't figure out how to successfully do it from my iPhone) I agree, I have three friends who have been going through the adoption process and you and Adam now make 4, I have heard PLENTY of frustration from them, and do not mind it one bit, so I hope you do not feel that you can't vent too! We are here for you guys! Well, not THERE is Omaha, but you know what I mean! We are so excited to see you begin a family. And Todd and I can't wait to meet our niece or nephew!
ReplyDelete