1. Giuliana and Bill Show
I know Adam is cringing at the thought that I actually purchased this reality series off of itunes to watch but he does that with a lot of television I watch. I knew there was an infertility storyline to their show this season and was curious. I was pleasantly surprised!
While they definitely live in a different world than we do, their struggles and openness with the emotional roller coaster infertility causes is very real, honest, and brave. In a lot of story lines on television that deal with infertility, it almost always works out in the end. The way it is portrayed typically does not show the real emotions that go along with it. Grey's Anatomy currently has a small storyline going about infertility and although I typically don't watch the show, I've been checking it out just to see how it is portrayed. Trust me, it's not as cute as Dr.McDreamy
giving you a little shot of fertility drugs in the hospital elevator. It hasn't worked out for Giuliana and Bill as of yet despite lots of attempts, which we can relate to. They are a fun couple who I hope eventually find their path to parenthood.
Giuliana and Bill Interview Infertility
2. Kitten Mittens
We have been watching quite a bit of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Completely stupid, un-politically correct humor. I think we know what Timmy and Ester are getting for their birthdays!
3. The feel of bare hands on a steering wheel
I always love feeling the steering wheel without gloves on the first warm day as we transition from winter to spring.
4. Modern Family
I've loved this show for awhile but it's been really good this past month. It's really the only show we watch that has a good adoption storyline going that manages to treat the issue with sensitivity and humor at the same time. This week's episode (which technically was in March) had a great story about Cameron and Mitchell starting to introduce adoption to their daughter. They ended up writing a storybook about their journey to be her parents. It was such a cute idea I think we will do the same!
5. Girl Scout Cookies
We got the classics trio this year. Thin mints, Tagalongs, and Do-Si-Dos as they were called when I sold them. I'm trying to ration them!


No comments:
Post a Comment