Jet lag is still kicking in for me, I slept maybe 5 hours last night. I keep thinking all of the sleep deprivation is going to make for a good night's sleep, but not yet. Today we saw the sun, and no rain! I tried to get rid of some of my pasty whiteness, not sure I succeeded. We started the day off by heading to the Chi Lin Nunnery. I had read about it in the guidebook and although it wasn't a top site, I would highly recommend it. One of the most beautiful places I have been. All of the structures are created from carved wood and assembled with no nails, just interlocking pieces. Pretty amazing. We got lots of beautiful pictures here, I posted a few of our favorites.
We then shopped around Canton Road. It's like the Rodeo Drive of Hong Kong. There were long lines to get in to stores like Chanel and Hermes. It was a bit crazy. I found the flagship H&M for Hong Kong and it was awesome. I had a feeling H&M in Asia was better, and I was right. Picked up several things for Hattie and Naomi, as well a couple things for me. Adam walked around the mall nearby, which is the standard when I shop there. Getting around Hong Kong is so easy. The Metro (subway) is unbelieveably clean and fast. It doesn't have as many people singing with their boomboxes as the El in Chicago does, but I'm okay with that. We have been tried to be sold custom tailored suits on the street about 50 times in 36 hours, and that is not an exaggeration. We then took the Star Ferry across the bay for a whole $0.60 for a nice view.
![]() |
| How the cool people walk Canton Road |
| Weird Louis Vuitton gold dinosaur? |
| Petting a dog at an outdoor art exhibit |
We ate some good Thai food in Kowloon tonight where we are staying. Then headed to the Temple Street Night market, which was incredibly crowded on a Friday night here. Didn't end up taking many photos for some reason, but managed to get some kids practice chopsticks for Naomi and Hattie.
We catch a train tomorrow morning to Guangzhou in mainland China. Our little vacation will officially be over and will be starting what we really came for, our Hattie!







No comments:
Post a Comment