We left Tuesday around noon. Adam's mom was nice enough to come down and take us to the airport where we said our goodbyes to Naomi. I wasn't a complete, hysterical mess but it was rough knowing we weren't going to be with her for 17 days.
 |
| Last photo as a family of three |
 |
| Add caption |
In Chicago we didn't realize we had to go through security again and only had a little over an hour to get from flight to flight. We managed and even had a torta from Frontera Grill takeout at the airport. Which I must say was the best sandwich I've had in a long time! We settled in for our 15 1/2 hour flight. We flew Cathay Pacific and they were very nice. I even played Who wants to be a Millionaire on their touch screens, unfortunately it was the British version so I was quite bad. Managed to watch the Great Gatsby as well, which was highly disappointing given I love the book so much. Arrived in Hong Kong about 7:30pm, and it was downpouring as we landed. I was very excited to see our luggage and then we took a taxi ride to our hotel in Kowloon. The weaving in and out of traffic and our cab driver only made me mildly scared, which was better than I was expecting. Tried to sleep last night, finally took melatonin about 3am and slept until 8:30am. It rained all night here and when we finally headed out for they day around 9:30am it had stopped. However the rain picked right back up around 10am and hasn't stopped. Not just a sprinkle but a serious rain, all day! We still were determined to see some things, so we rode the MTR and went up to the top of Victoria Peak by tram.
 |
| On our way up! |
 |
| It was seriously rainy and foggy |
 |
| Unfortunately not awesome views today |
 |
| Serioiusly, a Bubba Gump Shrimp in Hong Kong, don't worry we did not eat here. But the photo was too much to pass up! |
 |
| View towards the ocean |
The views were not great today. But it was still fun to go up. We walked a lot around Hong Kong and found a nice cafe to eat in. I feel like I should have brought my work clothes to wear out and about. People are very well dressed here. I love looking at all of the unique styles. By far the most fashionable city I've been to.We then went the the Man Mo Temple. We couldn't take many photos in there but there was an amazing amount of incense being burnt in once place.
 |
| Incense made into cone shapes. They were all burning. |
Made our way back to our hotel right now and trying to relax a bit and dry out. My red Toms were soaking wet all day and managed to color my foot a nice red hue. Hoping the rain stops for a bit tonight so we can get some good photos. Going to try to hit a night shopping market here, eat some street food, and catch a glimpse of Hong Kong at night.
No comments:
Post a Comment