Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Everybody makes mistakes

Hello, my name is Kristen and I am addicted to painting. I hadn't had my fix in awhile so last weekend I decided on Friday I need to repaint the living room and dining room, oh yeah and bathroom. I have officially painted every wall in the house at least once since moving in, some rooms 3 times. I like to pride myself on doing a fairly good job choosing colors but occasionally mistakes happen. There was the "disco dining room" incident a few years ago where I thought the paint treatment where you mix glitter in with the paint to give a shimmery, elegant look to the room was a good idea. Let me tell you, it never is. It ends up looking like a 5 year old did an art project on your walls.

Well this time I made another color mistake. Since we are getting a new kitchen in late April that will change the feel of the current kitchen, I thought the dining and living rooms all needed to have the same feel since they flow in to each other. Being that I am obsessed with gray I chose out a shade and proceeded to paint the entire living room. When I finally paused to look at it, it was a mysterious shade or purple. Maybe it had something to do with the yellow underneath it?


Waited for the morning and still saw purple! Ended up repainting everything to a lovely cream shade. Looks a lot better than
the dated mustard shade that was in there before. Baxter also got in on a little paint fun when he backed up into my roller!





















The dining room ended up a paler shade of green under the chair rail and a cream color on top. Do you love the deer canvas? Probably not! We got it at Nebraska Furniture Mart for $35. It was a huge piece of art for really cheap and we love how weird it is in the dining room. Kind of goes with our random exit sign on the front door. I think oddly it goes!


2 comments:

  1. Wow! How different and fresh! Get your painting craze out of your system now, because when you have a child, you probably won't find much time to paint -- especially on a whim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know, we have a list of projects to finish up before that time comes! We are thinking of moving in a year or two so on to a new project!

    ReplyDelete